- MATCH RECAP: COMETS DEFEAT THE MONTERREY FLASH IN OVERTIME AND SECURE THE CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
- MATCH RECAP: COMETS DEFEAT SALTILLO RANCHO SECO AND CLINCH A PLAYOFF BERTH
- MATCH PREVIEW: COMETS LOOKING TO SECURE A PLAYOFF BERTH IN MEXICO
- MATCH RECAP: COMETS DEFEAT THE ST. LOUIS AMBUSH 7-5 AND REMAIN UNDEFEATED AFTER THIRTEEN GAMES
- MATCH PREVIEW: COMETS HOST CROSS STATE RIVALS ST. LOUIS AMBUSH
- QUOTES: STEPHEN PATERSON ON SIGNING WITH THE COMETS
- GOALKEEPER STEPHEN PATERSON SIGNS WITH THE COMETS
- MATCH RECAP: COMETS CRUSH THE TULSA REVOLUTION AND CONTINUE TO DOMINATE IN THE MASL WITH TWELVE CONSECUTIVE VICTORIES.
- PLAYER PROFILE: VAHID ASSADPOUR, A LEADER ON AND OFF THE FIELD
- MATCH PREVIEW: UNDEFEATED COMETS HOST THE TULSA REVOLUTION
COMETS ANNOUNCE RETURN OF TWO VETERANS
- Updated: October 17, 2013
John Sosa and Stefan Stokic Agree to Terms
INDEPENDENCE, MO (October 17, 2013) – With less than a month before the Major Indoor Soccer League kicks off the 2013-2014 season, the Comets announced the return of two more veterans. Defender Stefan Stokic and midfielder John Sosa will once again Robe demoiselle d’honneur rose
be returning to the team, with Stokic extending his agreement through the 2014-2015 season. Per league and team policies, terms of the agreements were not disclosed. Stefan Stokic returns for his fourth season with the Missouri Comets. He has been one of the defensive mainstays for the team since its return in 2010. He appeared in 50 games over the past three seasons before being sidelined in 2013 by a knee injury. Prior to the injury he had two goals, one assist and ten blocks. Over his Comets career he has six goals, six assists and 41 blocks. His fearless play has produced many memorable blocks as he regularly throws his body in front of oncoming shots. “We are very happy to have Stefan (Stokic) back this season,” said Head Coach, Vlatko Andonovski. “He provides veteran leadership that will help to solidify our back line.” John Sosa will be manning the Comets midfield for the third season. In 2012-2013 he appeared in all 26 regular season games and all five post-season games for the team. He scored seven goals and assisted on 19 more in the regular season and then chipped in four more helpers in the post-season. Perhaps none were more memorable than the one in the deciding Game 3 of the MISL Semi-Finals. He placed a perfect corner kick across the field to Byron Alvarez
who scored the game-winner with five seconds remaining. “I’m excited to coming back to the Comets this season,” said Sosa. “Last season was incredible and I feel like we have a good chance to top that this year.” The Comets begin their fourth season at the Independence Robe demoiselle d’honneur violette Events Center with a rematch of the exciting 2013 MISL Semi-finals against the Milwaukee Wave on November 16th. Season tickets are available for as low as $128 by calling 855.4KC.GOAL. Single game tickets go on sale October 25th at 10a.m. CT.