- MATCH RECAP: COMETS DEFEAT THE CHICAGO MUSTANGS AND MOVE TO 16-0 IN THE MASL
- MATCH PREVIEW: COMETS FACE THE CHICAGO MUSTANGS FOR THE THIRD TIME THIS SEASON
- MATCH RECAP: COMETS DEFEAT THE MONTERREY FLASH IN OVERTIME AND SECURE THE CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
- MATCH RECAP: COMETS DEFEAT SALTILLO RANCHO SECO AND CLINCH A PLAYOFF BERTH
- MATCH PREVIEW: COMETS LOOKING TO SECURE A PLAYOFF BERTH IN MEXICO
- MATCH RECAP: COMETS DEFEAT THE ST. LOUIS AMBUSH 7-5 AND REMAIN UNDEFEATED AFTER THIRTEEN GAMES
- MATCH PREVIEW: COMETS HOST CROSS STATE RIVALS ST. LOUIS AMBUSH
- QUOTES: STEPHEN PATERSON ON SIGNING WITH THE COMETS
- GOALKEEPER STEPHEN PATERSON SIGNS WITH THE COMETS
- MATCH RECAP: COMETS CRUSH THE TULSA REVOLUTION AND CONTINUE TO DOMINATE IN THE MASL WITH TWELVE CONSECUTIVE VICTORIES.
COMETS ROSTER TAKING SHAPE
- Updated: September 10, 2013
Team Welcomes Back Bryan Perez
and Adds Alex Megson
INDEPENDENCE, MO (September 10, 2013) – On November 16, 2013, the Missouri Comets will return to the beautiful Independence Events Center to begin the 2013-2014 season against the rival Milwaukee Wave. As the season draws closer, new head coach Vlatko Andonovski is busy putting together a team that he feels can make another championship run. The Comets announced today the return of midfielder Bryan Perez and the addition of Alex Megson for the upcoming season. Per league and team policy, terms of the contracts were not disclosed. Bryan Perez, who was named to the U.S Men’s National Futsal Team this summer, began his Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) career with the Comets during the 2010-2011 Season. He made 20 appearances for the team before joining the expansion Wichita Wings for the 2011-2012 season. Last season Perez played for the Wings and the Syracuse Silver Knights before finishing the season on loan to the Milwaukee Wave. He accumulated 34 points and scored 12 goals during the 2013-2013 campaign. Perez was a four-year player at the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC). While there, he became the school’s all-time leader in goals (29), points (70), and games played (78). He was the first player in school history to be named all-league four years and earned first team honors three years. Alex Megson also began his MISL career in the 2010-2011 season, scoring nine goals and 20 points for the Chicago Riot. In 2011-2012 he traveled east to join the Syracuse Silver Knights where he chipped in with another nine goals and 23 points. Returning to Chicago last season, he helped the Soul qualify for the playoffs with another nine goals and 26 points. Megson grew up in a soccer family. His father, Neal Megson, played for the US National Team, the Seattle Sounders of the North American Soccer League and the Tacoma Stars of the original MISL. Galaxy Girls The Galaxy Girls have announced tryouts for the upcoming 2013-2014 Season. Tryouts will consist of two rounds held at the KC Soccer Dome, September 21st – 22nd. Those interested can find Information Packets click here. The Galaxy Girls have been a tradition with the Comets for many years, and continue to build
the relationship between the team and fans on game day, as well as strong connection with the community through public service events.