- Match Recap: Comets come back and defeat the Milwaukee Wave 9-7 in Home Opener
- Match Preview: The Comets host the Milwaukee Wave in Home Opener
- COMETS SIGN PATRICK KELLY AND KIEL WILLIAMS, BRENDAN ALLEN RE-SIGNS
- Recap: Comets win second straight MASL match with 12-6 victory over reigning PASL Champions Chicago Mustangs.
- SOSA GIVES BACK TO ‘THE FUTURE OF SOCCER IN KANSAS CITY’
- Match Preview: Comets and Mustangs meet in a ‘Clash of Champions’
- HEAD COACH VLATKO ANDONOVSKI RE-SIGNS WITH THE COMETS
- COMETS KICK OFF THE 2014/15 MASL SEASON WITH A 13-4 VICTORY
- SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ENJOYED A FUN NIGHT WITH THE COMETS
- BRIAN HARRIS JUGGLES AT MIDDLE SCHOOL
RAMONE PALMER NAMED TO MISL TEAM OF THE WEEK
- Updated: January 14, 2014
First Honor for Second Year Player INDEPENDENCE, Missouri
(January 14, 2013) – – The Major Indoor Soccer League announced on Tuesday that Comets’ forward Ramone Palmer was named to the MISL Team of the Week for the ninth week of the 2013-2014 regular season. He scored in both of the Comets’ contests on their Northeast road trip, including what proved to be the game-winner in a 13-5 victory against Pennsylvania on Saturday night. Milwaukee Wave midfielder Marcio Leite was named the MISL Player of the Week. Leite had a five-assist night as the Wave took victory against the Rochester Lancers on Saturday to remain on top of the MISL standings. Leite posted a hat trick of assists in the opening quarter of the Wave’s 28-12 victory against the Lancers, setting up Carlos Munoz, J.C. Banks and Pablo. He then added another pair on either side of the third-quarter intermission to move into a tie for the league lead with Syracuse’s Machel Millwood, with both players having 14 assists this season. Leite is joined on the MISL Team of the Week by teammate Nick Perera, who had a hat trick in the same contest against the Lancers. Perera now has 26 points this season with his performance on Saturday moving him into the MISL’s Top 10 scorers. Goalkeeper Marcel Feenstra was also selected after recording 35 saves on 40 shots. Syracuse Silver Knights defender Bo Jelovac was also named to the team as his four-point game sparked his side to an 11-8 win against the Missouri Comets. The defender began the Silver Knights’ rally from a six-point halftime deficit with a 3-point goal, while his teammate, Neto, scored twice to also earn Team of the Week honors. The Comets return to the Independence Events Center on Friday, January 17th at 7:35p.m. CT to face the Milwaukee Wave. The match also features the World Famous Mascot Game at halftime. Calvin the Comets Canine, Dollar Dog and many of their costumed friends play an exhibition soccer match at halftime unlike any other. For tickets and information, call 855.4KC.GOAL.